Your tires experience tremendous amount of wear and tear and is often neglected despite being the only part of the car that touches the road, however you can extend the life of your tires and stay safe on the road just by following these simple tips:
- Check tire pressure monthly and before every long road trip (Driving with improperly inflated tires is very dangerous and can cause damage to your tires, not to mention affect your drive and lower your fuel efficiency)
- Get tires rotated every 5,000 miles although this varies on vehicles and driving demands (performing scheduled tire rotation preserves the balance handling and traction, and promotes even tread wear)
- Adjust your driving style (aggressive acceleration, braking and steering will put an extra strain on your tires causing them to wear your faster)
- Check your alignment twice a year, we offer free tire alignment inspections! (Driving over a pot hole or other object on the road can cause your wheels to become misaligned. Parts in the wheel and suspension can also wear and cause a notable shift while driving. If you're having trouble steering and keeping your vehicle straight on the road it could be time for an alignment)
- Get tires balanced every 5,000 - 6,000 miles (notice uneven wear or unusual shaking or vibration can be the cause of imbalance)
Checking your tires regularly is essential to protecting your safety and investment, it can also improve your car's ride and help to extend the life of your tires.
If you think it's time to replace your tires contact us for a courtesy inspection!