Position Information – Lube Technician
Department: Service – Technical Reports To: Shop Foreman - Direct Reports: 0
A Shige’s Lube Technician needs to embody and embrace the core values and mission statement at Shige’s. They need a keen eye for detail, and the ability to follow tasks through until they are completed. They need to be able to follow processes and procedures to the spirit in which they were written. It is vital that they remain professional and courteous to all members of staff, as well as customers. Quality needs to be one of the primary focuses in how they work. Most importantly a Lube Technicians needs to remain flexible and agile to the environment around them, and maintain a customer, quality, efficiency mindset.
- Perform oil and filter changes on a large variety of cars.
- Mount and balance tires to customer's wheels.
- Check tires for damages and conduct pressure checks & perform tire rotations.
- Exchange and replenish vehicle fluids.
- Maintain job efficiency, complete services & repairs efficiently, safely, & correctly.
- Ensure that the company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning their work environment & assisting in cleaning the shop, offices, and shared facilities.
- Prepare all cars for service with sanitary gear and sanitize every car post-service.
- Run errands for all staff, incl. parts collecting, customer pickup/drop off, etc.
- Continuously learn new information and techniques.
- All tools required will be provided by Shige’s
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma
- No automotive experience needed if certified or trained (ASE or UTI Grad), but 1+ years of automotive or similar technician experience preferred
- Basic to moderate (preferred) computer skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good positive attitude and behavior
- Able to work well both alone and with a team
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Class C drivers license with a good driving record
Submit your resume below or Apply Now on.