Position Information – Service Technician
Department: Service – Technical Reports To: Shop Foreman (SF) Direct Reports: 0
A Technician needs to embody and embrace the core values and mission statement at Shige’s. They need a keen eye for detail, and the ability to follow tasks through until they are completed. They need to be able to follow processes and procedures to the spirit in which they were written. It is vital that they remain professional and courteous to all members of staff, as well as customers. Quality needs to be one of the primary focuses in how they work. Most importantly a Technician needs to remain flexible and agile to the environment around them, and maintain a customer, quality, efficiency mindset.
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems:
- including engines, steering, brakes, suspension, transmission, HVAC, etc.
- Maintain personal job efficiency.
- Completes service and repair assignments efficiently, safely, and correctly.
- Ensure that the company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Communicate with service advisors & SF regarding the status of work orders.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques.
- Maintain knowledge of shop equipment:
- Wheel & tire machines, alignment rack, diagnostic tools, HVAC, etc.
- Maintains & supply basic personally owned tools in good working order.
- Any advanced tools required will be supplied by the shop.
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma.
- 5+ years automotive or similar technician experience.
- ASE certification(s) or equivalent preferred.
- Basic to moderate (preferred) computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good positive attitude and behavior.
- Able to work well both alone and with a team.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Class C driver's license with a good driving record.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME BELOW TO APPLY